Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dia de los Muertos at Hollywood Forever Cemetary: A Photo Blog


For the past few years we have attended the Dia de los Muertos celebration at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Hollywood.  It is such an amazing event!  If you have never attended it before I highly recommend checking it out next year!  The event has something for all the major senses to enjoy.  The colorful art,  altars, and costumes complete with face paint are a delight for the eyes.  The pupusas (my mouth is watering and my stomach is growling just thinking about them!) are something I look forward to eating so much that as soon as I am inside (and after I have used the ladies...I always have to pee so bad by the time I get in for some reason!!)  I have to rush over to the stand where they are being sold so that my taste buds can dance and sing in celebration of something so delicious!  And let's not forget the horchata to wash it down with! mmm!  While you sit and enjoy your delectable delights, you can sit basking in the afternoon sun while enjoying (if you're white apparently!) musical talents from many different cultures.  Once you have enjoyed your food and there is time between musical acts, you can walk around, take photographs, take a closer look at all of the altars and art that different vendors have for sale, and enjoy (or choke on) the smell of burning incense wafting on the gentle breeze that drifts through the cemetery.  After you meet up with more friends you can meander back to a nice little table where you can sit and enjoy the Aztec dancers with their beating drums and the sound of their shells clanging together...as the sun sets on another beautiful day.  These are the pictures we took on Saturday...please enjoy...

Aztec dancers...



 The main stage...
Emily was beating me up...
 The LION...
 Dancing...

 Offerings...


 Loves her cup of ice!












































 Someone needs a nap!
 "Momma!!! Helllllllppppp!"





 baby eh-yee and baby a-va-wee
 When the sun went down...




















BAM!


No comments:

Post a Comment